Job vacancy: Technical Assistant Screenprinting (m/f)
AGA LAB is a laboratory for artists, designers & other creative professionals who want to experiment with graphic techniques in the broadest sense of the word.
We are a non-toxic Workshop. We organize master classes, workshops, lectures, presentations and offer an Artist in Residence program. We participate in Education & Social Art Projects.
We work towards environmentally-friendly production, enco400urage cross-overs & innovations. About artists & designers from AGA LAB yearly, form part of a large International network of related institutes. AGA LAB receives multi-year funding from the Arts Plan of the Amsterdam Fund for the Arts.
AGA LAB is looking for a Technical Assistant Screenprinting (m/f)
The technical assistant receives & accompanies customers of the workshop, and takes professional care, and ensures professional use of the equipment. He/she is an Experienced Expert in Screenprinting (Paper & Textile, other materials a Plus), has a service attitude, with a collaborative approach to all Customers.
He/She will provide Technical Support for the activities & projects of AGA LAB. We expect a knowledgeable & pro-active individual.
The function is ideal for Artists or Graphic Specialists, who will bring expertise & a hands-on ‘can-do’ mentality.
What we ask for:
- Extensive experience & enthusiasm for, screen printing on paper, textiles and other materials.
- Enthusiastic to share/learn knowledge. We open to new developments & Research.
- A hand on mentality; does what it takes to achieve good management and execution.
- Being able to Manage the Department effectively, and bring/implement new Ideas/Projects.
- Being able to correctly manage Maintenance of facilities and other equipment, Purchasing Materials on time.
- Provide Workshops & develop Masterclasses.
- Other ideas & developments mutually agreed.
It is a function of 8 hours per week. The gross salary is € 385 per month excluding 8% holiday allowance. Working day per week flexible, start date 01-April-2019. We offer a one-year contract with a view to extending.
Applications: CV & a motivation letter to Orlando Banderas, Manager AGA LAB on firstname.lastname@example.org (closing date 28-Feb-2019).